Could you guys believe that I have never, ever had a cream puff? It’s true. It’s also very, very shameful and sad. This recipe did in fact, change my perspective in life. My mind was ablaze with the possibilities of this filing… After stuffing my face with filling, I decided I should make some yummy cream puffs to compliment this gloriously creamy concoction.
For the filling:
2 Jello vanilla pudding packs
16 oz of heavy whipping cream
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of all-purpose flour
½ cup of butter
1 cup of water
¼ tsp salt
1. We’ll begin with the filling. This filling is the most delicious, exquisite cream I have ever, ever stuffed in my face. In a medium sized bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and the two Jello pudding packs. This time, I used a hand mixer because I wanted the filling to be extra creamy. I also prefer that my arms don’t fall off. After you’re done mixing, refrigerate the filling.
2. In a medium sized bowl, bring the butter and water to a rolling-boil then add the flour and salt. You’ll want to continuously stir until the mixture takes a dough-like form. Remove the dough from the heat and quickly, mix in the eggs, one by one.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
4. Do not grease your baking sheet! I know, I know you always have to grease it for other recipes. Not this time, don’t even think about it. It’ll burn the puffs and we don’t want that.
5. In hefty tablespoonfuls, add the puff dough to the baking sheet. Let the puffs bake for 20-25 minutes. THIS IS IMPORTANT! After 20 minutes, poke your puffs with a toothpick (once!) right in the middle. This will help the little guys mature into beautiful, round glories of flaky goodness.
6. After the puffs are done and cooled, engorge their fragile little bodies with the filling.
7. Garnish the beautiful puffs with yummy things. I don’t care what you use! Use chocolate, almonds, or berries! I used powdered sugar, and they looked like glorious little angels.
0 thoughts on “Cream Puffs”
Oh Dear! This looks sinfully delicious!!!
I think you need these in your life.
Thanks for this one Melisa. I just happen to have a package of vanilla pudding. Here is a recipe I make with Nutella Cream Puffs : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bno5ttj08tlcxwu/5REJaBJLB8/cookies%2C%20rice%20treats%2C%20cream%20puffs/Nutella%20Cream%20Puffs.docx .
Again this is great, going to try it!! 🙂
I love nutella! Thanks for the link. I’ll definitely check it out.