I have many food related loves. I will not deny it. It’s a part of me I have come to accept. I must say, having been raised on a tropical island might have had something to do with my obsession with food. I was spoiled with delicious treats and now, having moved, I find myself missing all the treats I took for granted. Besitos de Coco or Coconut Kisses are a very popular and delicious cookie that’s never amiss in any Puerto Rican get together. You can find these anywhere on the island!
2/3 C all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (14 fl) of Condensed Milk
2 tsp of coconut flavoring
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
3 1/2 C of grated coconut (the flakes)
* 2 tbs of Nutella (for drizzling, totally optional)
1. The oven needs preheating! Make your way towards the oven, look it straight in the eyes, and work that dial until you’ve reached 350 degrees. Once you’re done, shamelessly walk away. It was something that had to be done. You’ve done well.
2. In a large bowl, add the condensed milk and flavoring then stir. I let this sit for about 10 minutes.
3. To the liquid mixture, add the grated coconut, flour, and salt. Mix all the ingredients together until they become a delicious mess of coconut goodness. This mixture will look so appetizing that you might feel compelled as to eat it as is. I don’t blame you. It’s really delicious.
4. Grab the cookie sheet you intend to use and grease it. Place the cookies in whichever size you’d like and bake anywhere from 13-16 minutes or until golden.
5. You don’t have to drizzle these guys with Nutella. They taste wonderful as is. But if those chocolate cravings are acting up again, I say, go nuts!