There’s this health craze going about. I’m not entirely sure who invented the two ingredient oatmeal and banana cookie. It’s just been swooshing around the Internet for a while. I’ve always been interested in the cookie. It seemed simple enough and I happened to have some ripe bananas that needed some eating. I’d like to think of these as breakfast cookies, they also taste like Mounds (HECK YES!). Here is my take on these healthy cookies:
1/2 c of Peanut Butter
1 C of shredded coconut
2 Large Ripe Bananas
1/2 C of sliced almonds
1/4 C of chocolate chips
1 C of instant oatmeal
1. Proceed to the kitchen area. There you will find the ingredients you need to prepare these cookies. If you do not have ripe bananas, then you are completely allowed to throw a hissy fit. If you do, proceed to gather the ingredients up. Since you are already in your kitchen, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, place your peeled bananas. Now, you will have to think back to a moment of great frustration. Bottle the frustration you’ve harnessed probably from that one embarrassing moment in high school or that one time you tripped, or that argument you could have won if only you had that sassy comeback you just came up with. Use that frustration you just bottled up to destroy those bananas. I mean mash. Mash those bananas.
2. To what remains of those bananas, possibly a mushy dark yellowish substance, add your peanut butter, oats, almonds, and coconut. Mix these ingredients until they’re looking fine and dandy. If for some reason, it looks a little upset, give it a wink. That will give the mixture the pep it needs to become beautiful and nutritious.
3. Now, you don’t have to add chocolate chips, you don’t. But you do. Because who wouldn’t want to? I’d like you to sit and think about what kind of person you would be if you denied these cookies chocolate. Think about what you did to those bananas! They deserve something sweet! So once you decide that chocolate is the perfect addition, add the chocolate chips and just fold them into the cookie dough.
4. In a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, drop tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough and bake for 10-12 minutes.
0 thoughts on “Healthy Oatmeal and Banana Cookies”
This look a little bit addictive!