My husband really likes peanut butter. Honestly, when I say “really”, I mean REALLY. Most of the desserts he asks for contain peanut butter or he’d be happier with it added into it. This recipe was just a lazy Sunday kind of recipe. I had the ingredients around the house and took the plunge.
1/2 C of sugar
1/2 C of creamy peanut butter
1/2 of crunchy peanut butter
1 large egg
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 C of flour
1/4 C of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C of reese’s pieces
2 tbs of milk
1. Baking is serious business. Not only are you working at extreme temperatures, you are also emotionally compromised. If this recipe does not go as planned, be prepared to take a very long sad nap in hopes of recuperating all that has been lost. Before you act upon this desire to bake, take a minute to consider the consequences, if you are ready, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a strong I’m-not-messing-around manner, pick up the peanut butters and stare them down. You want to let them know that you expect them to do their jobs as the main ingredient of this cookie. Once you feel that your peanut butters are aware of the severity of the situation, add them to a large bowl and cream alongside the sugar.
3. To the peanut butter and sugar concoction, add the flour, baking soda, and egg. As of now, the mixture is at a very fickle stage. It might want to be overmixed. Do not allow it to convince you it needs additional mixing! Look at the dough, add the milk, and mix it in. This will quench the dough’s need to be overmixed and allow you to continue with the baking process.
4. To the cookie dough, add the reese’s pieces and chocolate chips and mix. These morsels will benefit the cookies. They will provide the peanut butter with someone to talk to as they head to the oven. The morsels don’t mind the heat, but the peanut butter, at this point, will be a bit unsure of its abilities. Give it support by offering up these morsels. Together, they will make a delicious cookie.
5. Line a cookie sheet or use any cookie-baking device you have at hand and bake these bad boys for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.