These cookies have taken over my mind since I first started craving almonds. They were inspired by the traditional Puerto Rican wedding cake which usually is almond flavored with bits of delicious sliced almonds. It truly one of my favorites. For this recipe, you will need to feel somewhat homesick and nostalgic. These two feelings will provide the most genuine and sweet cookies.
1 stick of butter
1 1/3 C of all purpose flour
1 tsp of almond flavoring
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/3 C of white sugar
1/3 C of light brown sugar
1 tsp of baking soda
1/3 tsp baking powder
1 C of white chocolate chips
1 large egg
1 tbs of milk
1 C of sliced almonds
1. Let us commence this wondrous journey to the Cookie Kingdom! To begin we must prepare our chariot, in this case, our chariot is the box-shaped heat container kept in the kitchen, or oven, as some like to call it. You must preheat said oven to 350 degrees. It is only at this temperature that we can proceed with our journey.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars, vanilla, and almond flavorings until they are fluffy, frilly, and and looking their best for their journey. You can’t look disheveled when visiting the Cookie Palace!
3. Once you’ve got your butter and sugars looking spectacular, add the flour, baking powder and baking soda to the concoction. This will provide the cookies with the flair they need in order to look spectacularly puffy.
4. Now that the cookies have been puff-assisted, add the milk and mix. The milk works to smooth out the puffiness which helps the cookie look more polished.
5. To the polished, and oh-so-spiffy-looking cookie dough, fold in the white chocolate chips and sliced almonds. These are the cookies accessories. You can’t go to the Cookie Palace without your accessories. You must look fabulous! You’re cookie royalty!
6. One last step before you embark on your journey, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
0 thoughts on “Delicious Almond Cookies”
And now I’m ready for dessert.