Today, I decided to make some blueberry muffins. I don’t really know why; I just always wanted to bake something blue and delicious. As luck would have it, I was able to find fresh blueberries at the market the other day. I love blueberries! LOVE ‘EM! These muffins turned out pretty well. You know what? These turned out pretty friggin’ fantastic. Although, I would have to say that these muffins taste more like cupcakes. But who gives a hoot?! Cupcakes? Muffins? Psh. It’s delicious and I want in my face-hole.
2 Medium eggs
½ a cup of salted butter or margarine
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 or 1 ½ cups of blueberries
A pack of cupcake dresses
Recipe adapted from: Food.com
1. The first almighty step of the Baking Gods, preheat your friggin’ oven to 375 degrees.
2. Blend the butter (at room temperature) with the sugar until fluffy and smooth. You’ll want it to look like majestic little clouds of fat and sucrose. To this fluffy mixture, you’ll want to add your vanilla, no reason in particular. I just enjoyed it this way.
3. In another bowl, sift your dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking powder).
4. Combine the dry ingredients into the fluffy cloud of yum while adding the milk. You’ll want to do half dry, half wet. When the mixture is well blended, fold in the blueberries. Don’t be too rough! These are very gentle and need only sweet caresses.
5. DO NOT OVERMIX. You just want the ingredients to be combined. No one likes a dense, dry muffin. They’re gross.
6. Measure the batter into hefty tablespoonfuls and place them in their little dresses. I used cupcake dresses because I enjoy undressing my food before eating it.
7. Bake the muffins for 15 to 17 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.