I’ve just jumped onto the pumpkin bandwagon, and I’m taking all of you with me! I’ve been baking pumpkin pie since as far back as I can remember. It was my duty on Thanksgiving. I was the official pie baker. Unfortunately, this year, I will not be spending Thanksgiving with my family. However, with my newfound freedom I’ve decided to try my hand at a pumpkin cake instead. Could I sacrifice my pie affections for cake? WHY CAN’T I HAVE THEM BOTH?! Then I realized, I can and I most certainly will. But enough of my banter, this cake is scrumptious and I would probably sell my dignity to get more pieces of it.
4 Eggs (Medium-Large)
3/4 a cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 a tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of salt
2 tsp cinnamon (or 3)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 15 oz can of Pumpkin puree
8oz of Cream Cheese
3 cups of powdered sugar
6 tbls of butter
1. Before you begin with the cake baking, approach your oven and turn that sexy dial or press that seductive button until it reaches 350 degrees. Let the preheating commence!
2. Now, you’ll want to add your oil, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and sugar into a medium sized bowl. Mix these until blended.
3. To your wet ingredients, sift in your flour then add your baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. Blend these wonderful ingredients until reaching a creamy consistency that will have you salivating at the thought of what awaits your taste buds.
4. Grease and flour the mold or molds you intend to use. I used a couple of tiny maybe 3 inch metal molds and a bigger 6 inch glass one. You can bake this into a pumpkin shape, if you wish. I just might do that, next time.
5. After the cake is settled into its new little metal dress, bake it for 25-30 minutes. This all depends on the size of your molds. Also, always remember to pierce your cake through the heart when you believe it is ready, If the piercing device comes out clean, your cake is ready to be devoured.
6. The frosting is fairly easy to make just combine all the ingredients until they become creamy and delicious.
Pointer* Do not frost the cakes until they are completely cooled. No one wants runny icing.