One of my favorite things about the holidays are butter cookies. Especially those festive butter cookies that come in the blue metal container with the bits of sugar on top? I love them. I love them with every fiber of my being! On that note, I ran into the kitchen and tried to make my very own butter cookie recipe and this is what I came up with.
3/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of unsalted butter
1/4 tsp of salt
1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cup of self-rising flour
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 tbsp of milk
(Note: You can also just use 2 ⅔ cups of all-purpose flour if you don’t want to use any self-rising flour)
1. Before you commence the baking process, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. It’s cold enough outside. This will make your home a little warmer, and who can say no to that?
2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and butter until the mix becomes as fluffy as a pillow.
3. To the sugar mix, add your egg and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
4. Add your flour and salt to the sugar mixture. The dough will become difficult to blend if you’re doing the mixing by hand (like I was) here is when you add the milk.
5. In wax paper, mold and shape the dough in whichever form you’d like then refrigerate it for 1 hour
6. This next step may be a shock to many, do not grease your cookie sheet! Place the cookies in an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until lightly golden brown for 6-8 minutes.
My butter cookies are ROARTASTIC! Don’t you think?! Stomp* Stomp* Stomp*