This week has been horrible! I caught a cold and then it worked it’s way into my lungs and gave me asthma. It was a vile creature determined to make me absolutely miserable and it absolutely did. Anyway, I’m feeling better now and that calls for delicious treats. Today, I decided to bake a flourless chocolate cake. I had never made one before but it turned out to be spectacularly delicious.
3 oz of Dark Chocolate
1/2 of Cocoa Powder
1/2 C of Sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 C of milk chocolate chips
2 tbs of Nutella
1 stick of butter
A bit of powdered sugar (for dusting)
*You’ll need a double boiler for this recipe since you’re going to melt the dark chocolate and milk chocolate chips*
1. Casually walk up to the oven and start a pleasant conversation. Lull it into a false sense of security with talks of fashion and possibly favorite places to see. Once the oven is distracted, preheat the oven to 375 degrees! It will be upset at you first. It might even feel a little used, however, give the oven a quick hug and let it know that you enjoy having fun with it and it’s all in good fun.
2. Once the oven is relaxed and happily heating, chop up the dark chocolate and milk chocolate chip. Throw them into the double boiler (or whatever you intend to use for melting the chocolate) alongside the butter. Make sure you do not burn the chocolate. If using a double boiler, make sure to heat at a low setting while constantly stirring.
3. As soon as the chocolate is melted, remove it from the heat and add the sugar. Mix the ingredients until they are good friends. If you do not, the chocolate will become grainy and grumpy. It will resent you for turning it into something so textured and taste horribly. To remedy this, add the eggs and continue mixing.
4. The chocolate should be smooth as can be now but will desire a bit more of cocoa. It is time to add the cocoa powder and Nutella! Add the ingredients and stir.
5. Grease and flour your cake pan before adding the cake batter! This is super important.
6. Bake the cake for 20-22 minutes until it gets this coating:
7. It’s dusting time! Go get your duster thing!
0 thoughts on “Oh-so-delicious Flourless Chocolate Cake”
I enjoy the way you write your recipes. I’ll be sure to give my oven a thorough sweet talking when I prepare this cake.
Thank you so very much! Your oven will definitely appreciate the attention.
Flourless cake is so amazing…I like making it as cupcakes…oh my…your pictures are perfect- I wanted to take a bite!!!
I’m so glad my pictures tempted you!
This flourless chocolate cake brings back memories to the mid 90s, my first taste of it 🙂
Mmm. This looks amazing.
I’m glad you think so!
Yum!! This looks so amazing! My mouth is watering!
It depends on how many cups of coffee you happen to
be making. This won’t only mean which you’re no longer going to bother about disposable paper filters, however
you’re planning to enjoy better tasting coffee. This keurig also features chrome accents, a blue, back lit LCD display and three brew size.