This world can be a cruel place. It will destroy you, if you are not careful. It will lull you into a false sense of security than take everything you have ever loved. When I say “everything you have ever loved” I, of course, mean cookies. Life will take your cookies. So what if you might have been the main assailant? How were you supposed to know that you had eaten the last cookie two days ago and when you woke up this morning and walked to the fridge your heart would be completely destroyed since you did not remember what you did?! Not you, obviously. You are not to blame; Life is cruel. It will take away the things you love. Especially if those things are delicious treats and you are a treat fiend. Being the treat fiend that I am, I decided to rectify this injustice by baking some more cookies. These are delicious cookies my tummy and I created:
1 1/2 C of flour
1 tsp of vanilla
1/3 C of brown sugar
1/2 C of white sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp of baking powder
1 C of instant baking oats
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 C of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 C of chopped pecans
1 tbs of peanut butter
1 tbs of milk
1. For this cookie you must harness and use your sadness, anger, and or any other emotion you have been feeling since you have found out you are out of treats. Through these emotions, you will create the most powerful cookie you could possibly imagine. This is not your average oatmeal cookie. This cookie heals wounds. Wounds that only you could understand. Use your strength, your emotions, your unbridled anger and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the butter, peanut butter, sugars, vanilla, and mix until the concoction is fluffy. Fluffy butter and sugar mixtures make for happy cookies. These cookies must be the filled with happiness in order to assist you in filling the void the lack of sweets has created.
3. To your butter mixture, add the flour, baking soda, oats, egg, and milk. Mix the dough until in takes a cookie dough shape.
4. Once the dough is in its desired shape, add the chocolate chips and chopped pecan bits. These are additional bits of happiness that will assist the cookies in replenishing your pleasant feelings and motivation to live overall.
5. Prepare your cookie sheet, I like to line mine with parchment paper. You can use whatever you like. Roll the cookies to your desired size and bake from 10-12 minutes.
6. Once your cookies are cooled, take a bite. Take that glorious first bite of your freshly-out-of-the-oven-cookie and replenish your strengths. Life is hard. You are now ready to tackle the world. Nothing can stand in your way.