You could say that this Sunday was one of the laziest Sundays I have ever experienced. You know what? No. This whole weekend was a lazy weekend. I have one thing to say for my actions or lack thereof: I regret nothing. In order to commemorate this weekend of absolute non-moving, video gaming, and snuggles, Damian and I decided to bake some bread. What kind of bread? SWEET BEER BREAD! Here we go!
3 C of self-rising all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/2 C of raisins
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 C of sugar
1 stick of melted butter
12 oz of Blue Moon’s Spiced Amber Ale (or an equivalent in taste)
1. Go preheat your oven to 350 degrees. We’ve been through this! Don’t forget to show that oven who runs the place. This is your house! You tell that oven to preheat!
2. In a large bowl, sift in the flour. Add the sugar, vanilla, and raisins, and mix together.
3. Take 1/3 C of the melted butter, add the tsp of cinnamon, and add this mixture in with the rest. Do not mix further.
4. After the ingredients are mingled to the point that they cannot separate, douse them with the ale!
5. With a large wooden spoon or your hands, mix the ingredients until they take the shape of a dough. Do not over mix. It’ll produce a gross tough bread and nobody wants that.
6. Once everything is combined, move the dough to a greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes. Wait! The baking process is not over! Take the rest of the melted butter and pour it evenly over the bread. This delicious liquid will give the bread a savory crust that goes amazingly well with its sweet insides.