Brownies and I, we have a long and beautiful history. Before my husband and I started officially dating, I gave him a box of brownies. I encouraged him to take a bite, so I could see if he really enjoyed them. To this day, I am certain that it was his genuinely joyful smile that made me realize how much I cared for him. I’m so very grateful for brownies. They gave me a husband.
1/2 C sugar
1 stick of butter
1 large egg
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 C of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 fl oz of milk
1/2 C of all-purpose flour
1/4 C of dark chocolate morsels
1/4 C of milk chocolate chips
1/8 tsp of salt
1. Begin your baking process by drop-kicking the air on your way to the oven. This will show the oven who’s in charge or at least strike fear in its heart. After your oven is put in its place, preheat it to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium sized bowl, add the egg, sugar, softened butter, and vanilla. Mix these ingredients until the turn a caramel color. This mix will look very appetizing. Please refrain from eating it. Heed my warning! It’s not very tasty.
3. To the caramel-colored mixture, add the flour, baking soda, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix until the mixture becomes a vibrant dark chocolate color then add the milk. Now this mixture you can try. It tastes so good, I almost didn’t even make the brownies…
4. Add the chocolate morsels! Go bananas! Wait! Don’t actually use bananas. Once the chocolate bits are added, it is time to take the mixture and spread it in a greased pan. Make sure you spread the mixture evenly.
5. Bake the brownies from 20 -25 minutes.