I love the idea of ham and cheddar scones. I, however, have never actually had any. So today, I decided that I would attempt to make some. I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL! These scones are buttery, flaky, and savory. As soon as they came out of the oven, I couldn’t help but to stuff my face with them. I still insist that they seduced me with their golden appearance; I could not contain myself. I was the victim in this situation!
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tbs of sugar
2 large eggs
4 oz of light sour cream (or just normal sour cream)
2/3 C of cooked ham (diced)
8 oz of cheddar
2 tsp of baking powder
2/3 C of Milk
1 stick of unsalted butter (Super cold)
1/3 to 1/2 C of extra all purpose flour
1. Let us begin with the oven-heating ceremony. Twirl your way to the oven, and raise the temperature to 400 degrees. As soon as the heating has begun, cease your twirling.
2. In your mixer (or bowl and arms) add your 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and a little more than half of your suuuuper cold butter. Mix all of these ingredients until the mixture becomes coarse. Then, add the ham and cheddar.
3. In another bowl, add your two eggs, sour cream, and milk. Don’t over mix this concoction. You want bits of sour cream to be present and thriving. They are strong and independent individuals and they’re here to make those scones tasty.
4. If you have a mixer, use your dough hook and mix the liquid into the flour mixture until it takes the form of a dough. If you do not, use those beautiful arms you have been blessed with. Don’t over mix. With the mixer, the most you would want to mix is 15 minutes at the lowest setting.
5. Place some flour on your designated dough-rolling area and on your rolling pin.
6. Do not worry if your dough is a little sticky, it’s meant to be that way. Once your dough is fully mixed, move it to the dough-rolling area and knead it with an extra bit of flour until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky (Not dry, just smooth, it should still be a bit sticky but manageable).
7. Grease and flour your baking sheets.
8. Roll your dough as thickly as you’d like. I rolled them out a little under an 1 inch in thickness and used a circular cookie cutter to make them round. Place them on your baking sheet, and bake from 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown.
0 thoughts on “Cheddar and Ham Scones”
Those scones look and sound really yummy!
Thanks! If you give the recipe a try, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!
Se ve muy bien, debe tener un sabor esquicito, solo espero el momento que este en casa para saborear algunos, te amo continua luchando voy a ti.
Gracias, papi! 🙂
Mmmmmmmm homer voice
were are mine mema!!??? they look yummyyy!!!! <3
Thank you, Yolliam!
MM, ham and cheddar! I’m usually more of a sweet scone girl, but if there was a savory one I’d go for, this is it!