I have pleaded with the gods. On my knees, I have begged for inspiration. They have not forsaken me. At last, I have a post that is worthy enough for you, my reader. It’s been a while, I know. It has been far too long, and for that, I am sorry. Nevertheless, I am here now and I will not disappoint.
This recipe is a fairly simple one. It’s finally fall and usually, when I think of fall, I think of shortbread, sugar, and butter cookies. Those are absolute fall staples, right? Well, maybe more like Christmas time cookies but whatever! Cookies are cookies. Let us not question where and when they should be eaten for cookies are to be eaten always!
Almond Shortbread Cookies
2 C of all-purpose flour
2 tsp of almond extract
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 sticks of unsalted butter
3/8 C of powdered sugar
1 C of chopped almonds
1/4 tsp of salt
1. It has been a while since you and your oven have met like this. You promised you’d change. You both know you have not. You are still that inconsistent love that your oven will never leave. Give your oven a encouraging wink, she knows. You know. It is what it is. Casually approach your oven and set the temperature to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixer or bowl, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. You want pillow consistency.
3. Add your flavorings to the creamed concoction then mix. Once mixed, add the flower, baking soda, and salt. The mixture will start turning into a big ball of deliciousness. I will not deny, I was very much tempted to eat it, and I did. You can do the same. Actually, I completely encourage it. Eat that dough, there are no eggs in this recipe so, eat on!
4. As soon as the dough begins to form a ball, add the chopped almonds. then mix them for a bit more.
5. You are now asked to make a choice. On one hand, you can chill the dough anywhere from 1-2 hours. On the other hand, you can just bake these guys as is. I suggest you chill the dough. If chilled, prepare some wax paper or plastic wrap (I personally hate plastic wrap and feel like it’s just trying to reach my face to suffocate me) and mold your dough in your desired shape. I went with a dome-shape, sort of.
6. Bake these cookies from 8-10 minutes. Now, take into consideration your cookies’ sizes. If they are rather large, consider adding a bit more time. Your cookies will be done as soon as they are a bit golden around the edges.
Ps- These pictures are absolute rubbish quality, I know. My nice camera was not having it today.
0 thoughts on “Almond Shortbread Cookies”
Wow these look so tasty! Yum!
They were! I’m so glad you think so.
Yeah you are back and with some deliciousness. Do you blog about video games too? You would probably have some great posts about that.
I am back! I haven’t really posted any video game reviews in a very long time but I should be starting up again. I post my game reviews on Masheros here on WordPress. The new consoles will be out before we know it!
They looks so so delicious…yum!